Promoting education in renewables and the importance of sustainability
Anesco Donations & Community Support is an employee-led initiative that was established with the following core objectives:
- To help promote education in renewable energy and sustainability
- To build awareness of the importance of sustainability
- To support the Reading community where we are based and the local communities in which we operate across Great Britain
We support the creation of jobs and career opportunities by working with primary and secondary schools to help educate the next generation on renewable energy and the energy efficiency industry. Several initiatives have been implemented to meet these aims while supporting the National Curriculum. They include a work experience programme for sixth form students and GCSE students; giving talks in schools; and arranging school visits to our solar farm sites.
We also support young adults through a programme that encourages the development of entrepreneurial skills.
Our initiatives include:
- Providing a work experience programme for sixth form students and GCSE students
- Visiting schools local to our projects to provide talks, special assemblies and to host site visits, for example to our solar farms
- Supporting local sport teams and young aspiring sportsmen and women
- Supporting our local community in Reading through fundraising, charity events and donations to the local food bank